Oh, my. I normally don’t accept awards any more, but for two of my new followers I am breaking that rule. The first award I was nominated for is this one, and I thank Daman, of thisdamanblog for nominating me for this. Daman is a very sweet young lady who found me thru another of my new followers, Avni.
The rules for this award are: 1. Put the logo on your blog, 2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you. 3. Thank the people who nominated you by commenting on their blog. 4. Nominate other bloggers you like, linking to their blogs. And 5. Let them know by commenting in their blog that you have nominated them.
So, first of all, Daman’s questions and my answers:
- What is your name and where do you belong? My name is Angie and I live in Kentucky, USA, hence the name, Kentucky Angel.
- Why are you in WordPress? I am in WordPress because for some reason I just have a compelling urge to write, and this is the easiest venue I have found over the years to navigate. I have tried others and didn’t find them easy to use, and while I’ve had many problems with WP, having deleted more blogs than I have fingers and toes and swearing I’ll never write another word, I always seem to come back.
- What are your hobbies? Oh, my goodness, they are many. I write, crochet, knit, make jewelry, paint anything that doesn’t run away, cook, bake bread, collect rooster paraphernalia, make floral arrangements, raise orchids as well as other house plants, photograph life around me and spend as much time as possible with my 8 grandchildren, a mainly impossible feat now that most of them are all grown up.
- What are your favorite posts in my blog? (Daman’s). I have only recently found this lovely girl and so far love them all. She is a poet with a wonderful outlook on life. I have re-blogged some of her poetry, and at this late hour my single remaining brain cell is refusing to allow me to remember anything else except that one of them is, I think, about Desire? I am seriously showing my age here, because I had the name of that particular one written down and now can’t find it.
- What is my favorite post in my blogs? This one is easy. “A Story About Love”, the story of my love and marriage to Edd, and how it became a 3-way love story as he found his true love later in our lives. This was followed a few days later by my next favorite story, “Another Love Story”, a tribute to my Uncle Sam. You can find them at https://kentuckyangelfliesagain.wordpress.com
- Pizza or pasta? Usually pasta because it is easier to eat and swallow than pizza. Oh, the perils of getting old!
- Sugar coated lies or blunt truth? Put this way, neither. I prefer the truth told in a gentle way. Unfortunately, at my age, bluntness of any kind could throw me for so many loops I would never be able to straighten up again. Seriously, the truth is always the best way to go, but assess the situation before blurting it out. Kindness is also necessary and it softens the blow if the truth is one that will possibly hurt. And at times, depending on the discussion, just letting it all go unsaid is the best way to go. Remember, I’m older than dirt now and I’ve seen how people can be hurt and even destroyed by being told things that, while true, didn’t add anything at all to their peace of mind, and human kindness would dictate in this situation that it would be much better forgotten by everyone involved.
Hmmm, my seven questions:
- What was the last thing you found so funny you couldn’t stop laughing?
- What is your favorite food in the world?
- Favorite drink, non alcoholic.
- What have you done to make a difference in someone’s life today?
- Favorite color?
- Do you prefer blond or brunette?
- Favorite place to visit?
Good luck to everyone, because I’m not nominating anyone in particular. A few years ago I gave my own award, the Angel Award, open to everyone with the only stipulation being that they do something for someone else. So, this time I’m passing this award on to anyone who has not been nominated for it before now, and really hope to see some of the answers show up on my blog. I’m making this the prerogative of age, because Lord knows we don’t have many perks any more.